Friday, October 19, 2007

Found: Sense of Humor

Apparently, I'd left it at bananafana's house, which is where I just came from at 11:30 PM. What's that, you say? 11:30 PM? Holy shit! Yes, it's true. I had several offers of serenity from those of you who checked the blog earlier. Thank you all, by the way, for lovin' on me. While hubs is at work tonight, I was treated to pizza and a toddler free-for-all at bananafana's, to whom I express much gratitude for the hiatus from my normal evening chaos.

On the way home, after rehashing some college memories, I felt nostalgic. As luck would have it, on the 2 mile ride from her home there is that beacon of college bliss - TACO BELL! I went through the drive-thru (with sleeping Diva in tow) and ordered up that mid-party delicacy I loved so well at my alma mater - the CHALUPA! Dear God, is there anything wonderful you CAN'T create? As an added bonus, the guy who works the late night window looks just like Fiddy and referred to me as "girl" and "baby" several times. In my prior life, I believe that would have counted as "game." Damn. Awesome. All of this on a Friday night. I know - it's fucking unbelievable.

I should probably head to bed and continue planning how this momma's gonna get her groove back. I think it will involve the reintroduction of studded leather belts and some really awesome hair. But before I go...

Riding on the coat tails of several bloggers' Starbucks stories, I would like to make a contribution. Yesterday, I went in to order my usual, which is the best way to order at a place with so many beverage options (uh, by the way, non-regulars, if you don't know what the hell you want or how to order it, step aside and watch us pros FIRST before you hold up the line and make an ass of yourself). These guys have a good idea of what I want, but I obediently step up and say "venti iced chai non-fat." Now, I've been doing this for a while on a somewhat regular basis, but every FUCKING time I order, I somehow screw the word order. I thought I had them this time, but NAW! I gave my order, and one barista looks at another and yet rearranges my words. Here's the difference. Today, I audibly said, "DAMN! I thought I had it right this time. I'm gonna get you bastards one of these days!" Good thing these guys know me well enough to laugh...

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

bananafana said...

we loved having you! come over any time- I'm sure hubby will be glad to produce more balloon "animals" for everyone's enjoyment

Tess said...

God, I love Taco Bell. I'm going to report an A+ on the Chili Cheese Nachos Bell Grande too. Just FYI.

Fucking Starbucks. At least they laughed, instead of giving you The Snooty Eye.

Do I have anything nonfood-related to add? Let's see...nope.