Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Anti-CHOWDAH (props to Tessie)

OK, first I must give myself a large shout out for my fitness efforts today. I interval trained for approximately 4.5 miles (cue applause track; standing ovation optional but suggested, thankyouverymuch). Holy hellcats! I am finding myself to be much stronger than thought, so this is a total bonus.

HOWEVER, after returning from my excursion around the neighborhood, I found this subtle symbol of my husband's love for me: Meet our vacuum cleaner. Yes - out, plugged in, and ready to go. FOR ME! Are you fucking serious? This seems to be a regular occurrence in our home. He gets it out, plugs it in, and then leaves for work. Ummmmmm, yeah. I believe I think about CHOWDAH more than any other person in the world these days, but for reasons such as the aforementioned misogyny, THE FACTORY SHALL REMAIN CLOSED. More on possible solutions to my debauchery debacle later.

6 comments:

Tess said...

That is the most hideous vaccuum I have ever seen.

Is this supposed to be some kind of...sign, kind of like the tie hung over the doorknob?

mom of the year said...

Yeah, the vac is pretty hideious, but I'll tell you it's the best thing in the whole damn world. Except when he leaves it out. For chrissake, this is exactly why he's not getting any. Read later for my musings of solutions.

mom of the year said...

And I'm so resentful at this point, that if he left a tie on the doorknob, I'd fucking choke him with it.

bananafana said...

um so . . . maybe he can't vacuum because he can't lift the thing because (if I recall) it is so damn heavy? no no he is a douchebag

mom of the year said...

YAY! Reappearance of the term "douchebag." Major applause!

AdCy said...

Holy shit, are you SERIOUS??? Just choke him with the hose...after all, you have been working out...
You should take out a certain something with D batteries and leave it on the bed as a clue...hmm...how do you think that would go over?