Saturday, September 15, 2007

Rollin' in da Lou? Fo' Shizzle!

This weekend is NUTS! Any other time of year I would say we average 1 babysitter per month for any sort of social gathering. This weekend alone, we have TWO, yes TWO! Perhaps God has seen the gnashing of teeth going on here and granted us a reprieve. YAY!




Last night, Little Diva, my sister, and I headed to Forest Park for the annual Balloon Glow. It was cool - for like 10 minutes. Uh, note to self for next year, get there like 10 hours early! It took us an hour to park and left us with only 10 actual minutes to see flaming hot air balloons. However, all was not lost. We were able to walk around and take pictures of Forest Park landmarks at night (art museum above), which is not a feat to be attempted when there aren't 250,000 other people around. Well, I suppose you can attempt it if you own body armour or don't mind being assaulted/carjacked...



Anyway, today hubby tended Little Diva while I headed to Busch Stadium with my mom and took in a Cardinals game. It was great - baseball, beer, and buns (in baseball pants - YAY!). The only problem was the weather. I was anticipating, based on our illustrious forecasters here, that we'd have a 70-something degree day. In all actuality, it was 61 with a wind and we were in the shade. The upside? My huge beer stayed frosty cold!!! The downside? I turned into a human popsicle wrapped in a baseball jersey by the end of the second inning. Enter the Stadium Store... where I purchased a way-too-expensive piece of Cards gear to keep my elbows from freezing to the armrests. Good thing I'm a big fan...

On the subject of baseball fan gear... I SMELL A CAREER CHANGE!!! I now qualitfy for hip-hop star status! Between my jersey purchase a month ago and the jacket I would have died without today in the tundra that was section 135, all I need is a little bling, a record deal, and an entourage (anyone? anyone?). I can't rap worth a damn. But don't disrespect me, bitches! REPRESENT! "I'm from The Lou and I'm proud..."

Anyway, it's late, I'm tired, and I've got much more to write. Alas, it will have to wait till tomorrow. Stay tuned for tomorrow's episode "White-Collar Girl (married to blue-collar man) Misunderstands Term 'Collective Bargaining'" or "Blue-Collar Plate Special."

Peace. I'm out.

3 comments:

bananafana said...

I'll buy your rap album but you need to let me collaborate - you know I can rap anything even though I sound ridiculously white (at least I know all the words to every song ever!).
Wish we could have seen you at the glow - like we would have been able to find you anyways . . . pshaw

mom of the year said...

I would love to collaborate. Perhaps you can knit my dancers' outfits and we can use your kitchen to shoot the video!!!

bananafana said...

you can use my kitchen if you clean it first. There's a crock pot with your name on it if my husband doesn't get to it first . . . HAHAHAHHA!! yeah right