Wednesday, March 5, 2008

URGENT: Prayers for Bananafana and Baby Needed

Hey, all. Just wanted to pass along some information for all the Who Needs Sleep readers. Fana is my best mom friend and I don't know what I'd do without her. She could use some serious prayers, whatever your religious standing may be.

I got a call from her around 1 AM and she had been having some weak contractions. Her husband K was snowed in at a hotel by his office, so she was by herself and a little nervous. We started timing the contractions and after a while I went to her house (she only lives 2 miles from me). She was leaking fluid (we strongly think), and the contractions were becoming more frequent, so she called her doc and he sent her to the hospital.

Fana is only 33 weeks, and although she's one of the strongest people I know, she's obviously very nervous. Because she had complications with O, she was really hoping for a normal, as natural as possible delivery this time around. I am holding out every hope that she will still get that scenario.

At 4:45 AM, I just received word that she made it to the hospital via her dad (I stayed until her folks showed up at her house because her son O was sleeping) and K is meeting them there. They've been at the hospital about 15 minutes, but we don't know anything yet. Her mom is staying with O and I will be in touch with her in the morning to see what has transpired.

Please keep Fana, K, O, and baby in your prayers. I will let you know when I have news.

4 comments:

Kari said...

Keep me updated! I'll be praying hard!

Tess said...

Oh my God, oh no. Please keep us updated!

I will be thinking of you all!

Saly said...

Holy Cow, please keep us posted!

mom of the year said...

All: Thanks so much for all your concern. I've posted an update!